Registration Code (Part 1): w%kQ6
Registration Code (Part 2): b<#$1[*(cw~
In order to register on this forum, you must use the codes above. Combine them into one code (copy paste).

I Hate StackOverflow

A place to rant about something, give constructive criticism or otherwise soft-flamming. (Direct hate, extensive flamming or similar will be removed. Keep it friendly.)
atom0s
Site Admin

I Hate StackOverflow

Post by atom0s » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:48 pm

At its infancy, StackOverflow was a great and amazing site. People came together and helped each other with various tasks, questions, and problems. However, overtime, StackOverflow has slowly started to implement features that really divide its community. Features that literally benefit those who are assholes compared to those who are just seeking some help.

Anymore, most questions asked are followed by, what I like to call, "new post campers" seeking easy points or trolling aspects. You can ask a question with as much detail as possible, examples, etc. and you get responses like:
- why are you even doing this?
- why are you doing it this way?
- this is incorrect.

Or responses will contain things you directly said in the main question making it obvious the person did not read your question and just responded. It seems people are less interested in helping and just more interested in the stupid points / badges on the site now. Making it a total waste of time to even bother posting there.

I have multiple accounts just to try and prevent people from profile camping and looking at past questions to just base their responses off what you have done in the past. (Yes people do that on there.)

It's pretty sad that a great idea and site can be turned to total garbage with the addition of such terrible features as their badge system.
Derp~
Need a great web host? Check out: AnHonestHost.com

Donations can be made via Paypal:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... Q2GRT6KUJN
nepafter37

Re: I Hate StackOverflow

Post by nepafter37 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:28 am

Idk the old stack overflow.But you described very well this situation of now.
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am

I've asked several new questions on some throw-away accounts to test the waters and it has gotten even worse. Questions being locked for no reason, questions being marked as duplicate with a link to something completely irreverent (litereally the only thing in common is some of the questions tags). It has gotten to the point where things are being locked and marked as duplicate for something like:

Question: 'Why is the sky blue?'
Moderator Response: Locked - Marked as duplicate of the question 'How to boil an egg?'.

Last night I made a request to their staff to delete my account. I'm done with StackOverflow, it is a total waste of time to try and get help on it anymore.
Derp~
Need a great web host? Check out: AnHonestHost.com

Donations can be made via Paypal:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... Q2GRT6KUJN
mirh

Post by mirh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:45 pm

As a newcomer myself, I think what sucks more is that being able to participate to a discussion seems some kind of right one should earn.
And I personally found myself camping on the frontpage hoping in something enough short from my expertise (aka dumb) that with "only" half a hour of mumbling at most I should be able to produce a sound answer.
I'm not so stupid to believe a half-assed answer would be able to lead me far though.