Registration Code (Part 1): w%kQ6
Registration Code (Part 2): b<#$1[*(cw~
In order to register on this forum, you must use the codes above. Combine them into one code (copy paste).

Steamless v3.0.0.1

SteamStub DRM remover that unpacks SteamStub DRM protected games.
atom0s
Site Admin

Steamless v3.0.0.1

Post by atom0s » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:55 am

Steamless
SteamStub DRM Remover

What is Steamless?
  • Steamless is a DRM remover of the SteamStub variants.

The goal of Steamless is to make a single solution for unpacking all Steam DRM packed files. Steamless aims to support as many games as possible.
    However, due to personal limited funds, I cannot test every game myself.
What is SteamStub DRM?
  • Steamworks Digital Rights Management wraps your game's compiled executable and checks to make sure that it is running under an authenticated instance of Steam. This DRM solution is the same as the one used to protect games like Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source. Steamworks DRM has been heavily road-tested and is customer-friendly.
    In addition to DRM solutions, Steamworks also offers protection for game through day one release by shipping encrypted media to stores worldwide. There's no worry that your game will leak early from the manufacturing path, because your game stays encrypted until the moment you decide to release it. This protection can be added to your game simply by handing us finished bits or a gold master.

ref: hxxps://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/api
Supported Versions
  • Steamless currently supports the following SteamStub DRM variants:
    • SteamStub Variant 1
      • There is currently no support for this version of the DRM.
    • SteamStub Variant 2
      • 32bit version of this variant is supported.
    • SteamStub Variant 3
      • Variant 3.0.0
      • Variant 3.0.1
    Please note; these version numbers are superficial. They are an assumed version based on major changes to the DRM over its lifespan.
Legal
  • Steamless is released under the following license:
    Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International

Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material
    as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether
    express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness
    for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of
    errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this
    disclaimer may not apply to You.

Steamless is not intended for malicious use or for the use of obtaining or playing games illegally.
    Steamless should only be used on games that you legally purchased and own.

Steamless is not associated with Steam or any of its partners / affiliates.
    No code used within Steamless is taken from Valve or any of its partners / affiliates.

Steamless is released for educational purposes in the hopes to learn and understand DRM technologies.

Use Steamless at your own risk. I, atom0s, am not responsible for what happens while using Steamless. You take full reponsibility for any outcome that happens to you while using this application. Do not distribute unpacked files.
Changelog
  • PeFile32 - Added support for reading the ImageTlsDirectory section.
  • SteamStub Variant 3.1 (x86) - Adjusted the unpacker to attempt to use the Tls callback as the real OEP if general unpacking fails.
Download
https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless/releases/latest
Derp~
Need a great web host? Check out: AnHonestHost.com

Donations can be made via Paypal:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... Q2GRT6KUJN
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Steamless v3.0.0.1

Post by atom0s » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:21 am

Steamless v3 source code is now available on Github:
https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless

As much as I hate Github, the previous move to Gitlab with this project did not help it grow as most people failed to find it or had issues with Gitlab in general. While I still prefer Gitlab as my daily driver for Git hosting (outside of hosting it myself via Gogs or similar), I am going to keep Steamless on Github as it is an easier means of reaching more people and getting more contributions back to the project to help it grow.
Derp~

BenCat07

Post by BenCat07 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:07 am

atom0s wrote:Steamless v3 source code is now available on Github:
https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless

As much as I hate Github, the previous move to Gitlab with this project did not help it grow as most people failed to find it or had issues with Gitlab in general. While I still prefer Gitlab as my daily driver for Git hosting (outside of hosting it myself via Gogs or similar), I am going to keep Steamless on Github as it is an easier means of reaching more people and getting more contributions back to the project to help it grow.

somehell i'm getting an application load error. Lel
Error 3:0000065432

Battles-Win.exe Seems tough tbh
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:58 am

Steamless v3.0.0.2 is now released to fix a crash on Windows 7.

You can find the latest release in the new sticky topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=160

I will use that topic to announce future updates and changes.
Derp~