Registration Code (Part 1): w%kQ6
Registration Code (Part 2): b<#$1[*(cw~
In order to register on this forum, you must use the codes above. Combine them into one code (copy paste).

Steamless update?

SteamStub DRM remover that unpacks SteamStub DRM protected games.
BenCat07

Steamless update?

Post by BenCat07 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:30 am

i kinda need a steamless update (Or a Plugin bc. i'm not good at coding) For Bloons TD Battles, it's exe IS protected with Variant #3.1 but it can't seem to unpack it, i need the DRM because i'm trying to do some Debugging etc. (yes i'm also trying to disable anti debugging methods). ir just gives me an error that it can't unpack Battles-win.exe
would be nice if someone could help, tell me if i should attach Battles-Win.exe
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Steamless update?

Post by atom0s » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:14 am

I will need a copy of the Battles-Win.exe file in order to determine why its failing.
Derp~
Need a great web host? Check out: AnHonestHost.com

Donations can be made via Paypal:
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
BenCat07

Post by BenCat07 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:39 pm

atom0s wrote:I will need a copy of the Battles-Win.exe file in order to determine why its failing.
Okay, Thank you very much, here you go: (Linked icl. Other files since if i upload it AGAIN it will take like 50 mins due to crappy connection)

Link Deleted

EDIT: Sorry if i went overboard and you had to download longer. lel
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:34 pm

I've deleted the link in your post since it contains more than what was requested and can be considered warez.

Looking at the file, it seems this is a newer version of SteamStub 3.1 which does not use the header in the same manner as the other files I have encountered.
Instead, this is using a predefined starting point and calculating back from the header.

I may need to include a command line option to override the starting point the header reads from to deal with this type of file.

Hurrdurr me >.>, the Tls callback is being used as the OEP discreetly, something I was planning to support in v3 originally and completely forgot about since none of the example files I have make use of this feature.
Derp~

BenCat07

Post by BenCat07 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:40 am

atom0s wrote:I've deleted the link in your post since it contains more than what was requested and can be considered warez.

Looking at the file, it seems this is a newer version of SteamStub 3.1 which does not use the header in the same manner as the other files I have encountered.
Instead, this is using a predefined starting point and calculating back from the header.

I may need to include a command line option to override the starting point the header reads from to deal with this type of file.
Okay thank you very much, i Appreciate it :D
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:58 am

Alright Steamless v3.0.0.1 is now released which you can find here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=159

This fixes / adds support for Tls callbacks being used as the oep discreetly for the v3.1 stub.
It should now unpack this game properly.
Derp~

BenCat07

Post by BenCat07 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:58 am

atom0s wrote:Alright Steamless v3.0.0.1 is now released which you can find here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=159

This fixes / adds support for Tls callbacks being used as the oep discreetly for the v3.1 stub.
It should now unpack this game properly.
You're the best thanks :)
mirh

Post by mirh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 pm

So.. could it be possible to add again command line support?
I mean, steamless would be handy as a library to workaround issues like this.

Besides, I just tried the tool on CoD:WaW multiplayer on steam, of which I also have the drm-free retail version.
The unpacked one differs by just a handful of points (not last the VLV tag, which feels quite useless considering Stub isn't there anymore)
I hope you may have been interested to know this.

EDIT: and for the love of me I can't understand why you locked the discussion on github. I was just asking why the two conflicting points.
Last edited by mirh on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Both files you uploaded in that zip do not contain any characteristics that would show the files use SteamStub DRM.
Neither have the typical .bind section, and neither have any other normal features of the DRM present.

Are you certain the game uses Steam's DRM? Given that it's made by ActivisionBlizzard I don't think they would resort to a third-party protection and instead would more or less rely on their own homebrewed things such as Warden.

As for your ticket on Github, I locked it because your responses were cocky and childish. This is not 4chan, and I am not interested in childish antics. Steamless is an open source project that I work on in my free time. Your tickets on the Gitlab were missed because I never got any emails for when you made them, they were not ignored intentionally. I typically don't check the repo unless something catches my attention to do so, such as an email.

I can look into adding command line support for the new version of Steamless but it is not a top priority of mine for the project. Most people that are looking to use it are those that do not understand how to use a console application so converting the project to a UI based application was more appealing to those that mostly use it.
Derp~

mirh

Post by mirh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:59 am

atom0s wrote:I typically don't check the repo unless something catches my attention to do so, such as an email.
Good, nice to know. That's all I wondered.
I don't understand what's there to be childish.

Said this, I just now realize that you are probably more likely to find interesting the original exe than the unpacked one :roll:
Take all the time you need for odd backwards feature requests then.
Attachments
codwaw.7z
(6.23 MiB) Downloaded 71 times