Registration Code (Part 1): w%kQ6
Registration Code (Part 2): b<#$1[*(cw~
In order to register on this forum, you must use the codes above. Combine them into one code (copy paste).

Steamless v3

SteamStub DRM remover that unpacks SteamStub DRM protected games.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Steamless v3

Post by atom0s » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:10 am

rapter wrote:It says failed to unpack file.
Then the file you are trying to unpack is probably not supported currently.
Golem_x86 wrote:Heh.

License change and no source code?

A bit of feedback on the plugin system:
  • Plugin loading failure should not be silent, but either displayed or redirected. Took me forever to figure out why a test plugin wasn't loading.
  • There's no documentation for the available plugin functions to be seen anywhere. Makes it hard to actually make plugins when you don't know the options available.
  • An example that actually vaguely attempts to use the various features of the plugin interface should be included. Goes with the above, would give clues on how to actually implement things and the conventions expected.
I have changed the license of the project because I feel the Creative Commons license better suits the purpose of me releasing the code to the public. While it won't stop people from being asshats about things and doing whatever they want, it better suits what I stand for in terms of open source projects and sharing. I'd rather see people contribute back to the main project than make private versions, sell the code etc. I've more or less moved away from open source in general in my projects overall, but I plan to keep Steamless open source due to the projects nature.

The v3 source code is not currently posted public yet as I have not had time to put it up somewhere. But it will be posted publicly when I get the time. Everything is unprotected / non-obfuscated so you can view things in an IL decompiler in the meantime.

As for the functions/example, I have not gotten a chance to write some basic documentation for stuff to assist with that. The classes and such that the current plugins use was not really meant to be used by others and was more just what I coded for those specific plugins. However, if people want to use that code they are free to.

I will try to get everything up on Gitlab in the near future.
Derp~
Need a great web host? Check out: AnHonestHost.com

Donations can be made via Paypal:
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
Xiron

Post by Xiron » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:45 pm

It... doesn't even open? Looking at task manger, it immediately shuts itself down. I'm on Windows 7 x64. NET Framework 4.5.2 Multi-Targeting Pack is installed. Attempting to reinstall 4.5.2 tells me it or a later update is already installed. No anti-virus is open.
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:09 pm

Double check that your anti-virus, if any, is not blocking Steamless from running. Some mark it as a hack tool due to its nature of what it does.
Outside of that, there are no other requirements for it other than .NET 4.5.2.

Another cause could be you didn't extract all the files included with the release. Steamless requires the files included inside of the Plugins folder.
So be sure to extract everything before you try to run it.
Derp~

Fuujii

Post by Fuujii » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:11 pm

can you check my post at general chat please, i really need you help with a mod of luadec.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=150
BoozeAddict

Post by BoozeAddict » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm

I'm having the same problem - i have my antivirus closed, up-to-date .NET, everything in the archive extracted. Opening it with a debugger crashes instantly toom it doesn't even get a chance to analyze it.
MrGreen

Post by MrGreen » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Same problem here, I have .NET 4.5.2 installed.
Anyone have a idea for helping us to resolve this issue ?
Someone have the old gui version?
Maybe the old one can work on my computer
Thank
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Another cause could be you didn't extract all the files included with the release. Steamless requires the files included inside of the Plugins folder.
So be sure to extract everything before you try to run it.
Derp~

endloz

Post by endloz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:09 am

BoozeAddict wrote:I'm having the same problem - i have my antivirus closed, up-to-date .NET, everything in the archive extracted. Opening it with a debugger crashes instantly toom it doesn't even get a chance to analyze it.
Same problem. Crash process.
crimpshrine

Post by crimpshrine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:30 pm

endloz wrote:
BoozeAddict wrote:I'm having the same problem - i have my antivirus closed, up-to-date .NET, everything in the archive extracted. Opening it with a debugger crashes instantly toom it doesn't even get a chance to analyze it.
Same problem. Crash process.
For others having issues.

Same problem for me, I had tried on 4 different systems all with .net 4.5.2 installed, NO AV.

Tried 2 - Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7 X86, Windows 8 64 bit.

None worked.

Finally tried a Windows 10 x64 VM, and it worked in that.
crimpshrine

Post by crimpshrine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Thanks for making/sharing with everyone this application. Works great!

Had allot of trouble finding an OS where it would run, but after that, it works great.