Registration Code (Part 1): w%kQ6
Registration Code (Part 2): b<#$1[*(cw~
In order to register on this forum, you must use the codes above. Combine them into one code (copy paste).

"Hacking" The Motorola FOCUS66 Camera

Personal posts regarding my releases and research on various topics.
Nufan1121

Re: "Hacking" The Motorola FOCUS66 Camera

Post by Nufan1121 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:03 am

zoogian wrote:
redrider8606 wrote:it sounds like you guys have figured this one out. I have been searching for hours trying to find a solution to the horrible software that comes with the focus66 camera. Can anyone here walk me through how to connect these to a 3rd party software where the feed isn't sent out to unknown sources? I don't know much about commands and how to send them to the camera so please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.Thanks!!

Any luck on this?
You could potentially solve this by blocking it's outside world access. It would stop the feed from working remotely without knowing what you are doing and allowing specific access to the feed, though.

I agree the inability to change the username and password for these cameras is incredibly poor programming and extremely bad security practice. I guess we get what we pay for though? :)
Ncassha

Post by Ncassha » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:13 am

thanks a lot for these hacking tips for Motorola camera! I will use it while next filming!
stemorley

Post by stemorley » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 am

Has anyone had any luck getting PTZ working on Blue Iris?
Got my stream working great!
Cyford

Post by Cyford » Sun May 07, 2017 10:23 am

n8huntsman wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:57 pm
Found this while looking to do the same thing to the Motorola MBP85 that I bought. I wanted to add some things that I discovered to your list:
Since they don't make an app for windows phone and the webpage is flash based, hubbleconnect is useless to me. I really wanted to be able to use third party apps such as ip cam controller (on my phone) or blue iris on my server, or at the very least, it would be nice to be able to log into its IP address directly. The summer infant cam works the same way unfortunately.
When I access the webpage on my PC and use wireshark, I can see it receiving the stream from an IP address that take me to a page that shows "Wowza Streaming Engine 4 for Amazon EC2 4.1.0 build12602" I believe this is an Amazon server that allows embedded devices to upload data.
I did a bit of snooping with nmap and found that port 80, 6667, 8080, and 464 was open. It also shows the OS of the camera to be Linux 2.6.16 - 2.6.35 (embedded). Using blue iris, I tried multiple camera configurations and actually got video using the A-Link IPC1 JPEG settings, which use the http://IPADDRESS/cgi/jpg/image.cgi URL. That gives me basic functions in blue iris but I still don't have PTZ control, two way audio or any way of changing camera settings via blue Iris. The pages you found definitely help though. Also, putting http://IPADDRESS/cgi/jpg/image.cgi URL into my browser will show a still image. http://192.168.1.14:8080/wifisetup.html is another page I came across.
After Seeing your image link, i figured i would check for a video link and it worked http://IPADDRESS/cgi/video/video.cgi - With this address i can now use this address in my linux motion DVR and see all my cameras and USB camera's from my raspberryPI device using motion.. which of coarse records based on motion
Nrk

Post by Nrk » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Total noob here - does anyone know how I can get a sound track to play through the camera - a bespoke one rather than the melodies?